Are you interested in being part of the ALOHA Users Community? If so, please fill in the form below. Someone from our team will get back to you with more details.
The ALOHA consortium will use your data only for networking purposes and will not share your data with third parties.
ALOHA User Community Online Privacy Statement
Last update: September 20, 2018.
- Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User's device.
- Data Protection Officer: Data protection officer is the person in charge for the protection of the data you provided.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers): Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject: Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
- User: The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Data Protection Officer.
The ALOHA consortium has appointed an internal data protection officer for you to contact if you have any questions or concerns about the ALOHA’s personal data policies or practices. The ALOHA’s data protection officer’s name and contact information are as follows.
ALOHA project scientific coordinator
EOLAB, University of Cagliari
Paolo meloni, paolo(dot)meloni(at)diee(dot)unica(dot)it)
Under the DPO authorization, other ALOHA staff members, especially task leaders or work package leaders, responsible for research tasks (including European Commission project officers of reviewers), may access to your data, only for networking purposes.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While joining our User Community, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: Email address, Name, Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, Company, City, Cookies and Usage Data, Business interests related to the ALOHA consortium’s purposes.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, to announce events and with other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by contacting the ALOHA project scientific coordinator (EOLAB, University of Cagliari - Paolo meloni, paolo(dot)meloni(at)diee(dot)unica(dot)it)
Within the ALOHA user community we don’t collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This data might be collected through our public website only for analytics purposes and in any case this data won’t be associated to the ALOHA Community users and to the Personal Data provided by the users in the ALOHA User community subscription form. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Website. Examples of Cookies we may use: session cookies (we use these cookies to operate our Service) and preference cookies (we may use these cookies to remember your preferences and various settings).
Use of Data
We use the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Website
- To protect our Service against abuse (e.g., cyberattacks)
- To notify you about changes to our Website
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To improve the user experience, gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To report to the European Commission (H2020 Research and Innovation programme) the impact of the ALOHA research project.
Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
We may use third-party Service Providers to collect the ALOHA user community subscriptions. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/terms?gl=US&hl=en
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Website.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Disclosure Of Data
- Business Transaction. your Personal Data won’t be transferred for business purposes.
- Disclosure for Law Enforcement. Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Security Of Data
The security of your data is our priority. Our website is only served through secure encrypted connections (HTTPS), with strong ciphers, so your data is protected in transit.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
ALOHA may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to contact you and announce customized information
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are an European citizen, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where ALOHA consortium relied on your consent to process your personal information.
You are able to exercise all these rights contacting the ALOHA project scientific coordinator: EOLAB, University of Cagliari - Paolo meloni, paolo(dot)meloni(at)diee(dot)unica(dot)it).
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before allowing you to perform such requests. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We employ trusted third party companies to host our Service ("Service Providers"). We make sure that such third parties allow us to guarantee you the above rights, as data processors. These third parties might potentially have access to your Personal Data, e.g., exploiting decryption keys that are managing for us, but they are obligated not to disclose or use it.
Under certain circumstances, such data processors may be required to disclose the data collected by this website, potentially including your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency). If this is the case, they will notify us, and in turn we will notify you about the event.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us.
If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
We value your opinions. Should you have questions or comments related to this Privacy Statement, please email the ALOHA project scientific coordinator: EOLAB, University of Cagliari - Paolo meloni, paolo(dot)meloni(at)diee(dot)unica(dot)it).